- Apr. 5, 2021We have opened official account of Satellite Observation Center on Instagram “@soc_nies”NEW
- Jan. 15, 2021In light of the spread of COVID-19 in Japan and overseas, the application deadline of the 3rd GOSAT RA is extended until Mar. 15, 2021. Note that the proposals received by the initial deadline of Jan. 15, 2021 will be evaluated as initially planned
- Nov. 13, 2020The Third Research Announcement on Greenhouse Gases Observing SATellite Series (3rd GOSAT RA) is now open for submission
- Nov. 13, 2020Regarding results of GOSAT-2 observational data analysis (carbon dioxide, methane, and carbon monoxide) and the start of their public release
- Aug. 11, 2020Dr. Yokota and Dr. Matsunaga Receives the 2020 Science and Technology Award
- Aug. 11, 2020The selection result of the second Research Announcement on Greenhouse gases Observing SATellite Series (the 2nd GOSAT RA)
- Oct. 21, 2019The Second Research Announcement on Greenhouse gases Observing Satellite Series (2nd GOSAT RA) issued.
- Aug. 5, 2019GOSAT-2 Level 1 products are available to the public.
- Jul. 5, 2019【Press Release】 Analysis result of the proxy-method based retrievals from GOSAT-2 data : methane and carbon monoxide
- Mar. 22, 2019【Pres s Release】 The WMO World Data Centre for Greenhouse Gases (WDCGG) has started to provide data from the Greenhouse Gases Observing Satellite (GOSAT)
- Jan. 22, 2019IWGGMS-15 registration Opens
GOSAT named Ibuki is an earth observation satellite launched in 2009, observing the concentrations of carbon dioxide and methane and estimating their fluxes. NIES is conducting higher level processing and validation of GOSAT data.
GOSAT-2, a successor of GOSAT, was successfully launched on October 29, 2018. It measures not only carbon dioxide and methane but also carbon monoxide. NIES conducts higher level data processing and validation of GOSAT-2 data.