- Aug. 11, 2020Dr. Yokota and Dr. Matsunaga Receives the 2020 Science and Technology AwardNEW
- Aug. 11, 2020The selection result of the second Research Announcement on Greenhouse gases Observing SATellite Series (the 2nd GOSAT RA)NEW
- Oct. 21, 2019The Second Research Announcement on Greenhouse gases Observing Satellite Series (2nd GOSAT RA) issued.
- Aug. 5, 2019GOSAT-2 Level 1 products are available to the public.
- Jul. 5, 2019【Press Release】 Analysis result of the proxy-method based retrievals from GOSAT-2 data : methane and carbon monoxide
- Mar. 22, 2019【Pres s Release】 The WMO World Data Centre for Greenhouse Gases (WDCGG) has started to provide data from the Greenhouse Gases Observing Satellite (GOSAT)
- Jan. 22, 2019IWGGMS-15 registration Opens
GOSAT named Ibuki is an earth observation satellite launched in 2009, observing the concentrations of carbon dioxide and methane and estimating their fluxes. NIES is conducting higher level processing and validation of GOSAT data.
GOSAT-2, a successor of GOSAT, was successfully launched on October 29, 2018. It measures not only carbon dioxide and methane but also carbon monoxide. NIES conducts higher level data processing and validation of GOSAT-2 data.