Climate Change Adaptation Research Program
This program will take on research and technological development focusing on climate change adaptation.
Specifically, various sectors and indicators such as ecosystems, atmospheric environment, aquatic environment, health including heatstroke are treated as research targets, we will conduct research into detection and projection of climate change impacts, assessment of effectiveness of climate change adaptation for reducing its impacts, and technological development or political science necessary for formulating and implementing adaptation options based on scientific knowledge.
With the promotion of this program, we will provide scientific knowledge for contributing to assessment of climate change impact by Japanese government, renewal of national adaptation plan, promotion of adaptation policy, as well as formulating and implementing adaptation options by local government and private sector. And we will tackle to collaboration with related research fields for contributing to adaptation activities both within and outside Japan as a research base for climate change adaptation.
- Institutional Structure
- Strategic Research Program
- Climate Change and Air Quality Research Program
- Material Flow Innovation Research Program
- Comprehensive Environmental Risk Research Program
- Harmonization with Nature Research Program
- Decarbonized and Sustainable Society Research Program
- Co-design Approach for Local Sustainability Research Program
- Environmental Emergency and Resilience Research Programs
- Climate Change Adaptation Research Program
- Long‐term research projects
- Research Papers