- Jan. 15, 2021In consideration of the current situation regarding the COVID-19 spread in Japan and overseas, the application deadline of the Third Research Announcement on Greenhouse Gases Observing SATellite Series (3rd GOSAT RA) is extended until Monday, March 15, 2021. Please note that the proposals received by the initial deadline of January 15, 2021 will be evaluated as initially scheduled. NEW
- Nov. 13, 2020The Third Research Announcement on Greenhouse Gases Observing SATellite Series (3rd GOSAT RA) was released and is now open for proposal submission until Friday, January 15, 2021.
The Greenhouse gases Observing SATellite (GOSAT) has been observing global atmospheric greenhouse gases steadily even today in the eleventh year since its launch in January 2009. The successor, GOSAT-2 was launched on October 29, 2018 and has started its nominal operation in February 2019.
Given this situation, the Research Announcement on Greenhouse Gases Observing Satellite Series has started newly since 2018 to solicit research proposals utilizing GOSAT and GOSAT-2 data from the public. The third GOSAT RA was released and is now open for proposal submission.
If you plan to conduct research using GOSAT and GOSAT-2 data, please read the following documents carefully and send your research proposal and application documents to GOSAT RA Secretariat by the due date. We are really looking forward to receiving your original proposals.
- Schedules for the 3rd GOSAT RA
- Issue of Research Announcement: Friday, November 13, 2020
- Proposal Submission Deadline (initial): Friday, January 15, 2021
- Notification of Selection Results (initial): Friday, April 30, 2021 or later
- Proposal Submission Deadline (after extension): Monday, March 15, 2021
- Notification of Selection Results (after extension): Friday, June 11, 2021 or later
- The Third Research Announcement on Greenhouse gases Observing SATellite Series (pdf 214KB)
- Appendix A GOSAT/GOSAT-2 Data Policy (pdf 336KB)
- Appendix B General Terms and Conditions for the Joint Research Agreement in accordance with the Research Announcement on Greenhouse Gases Observing Satellite Series (pdf 222KB)
- Appendix C-1  Application form for the Joint Research Agreement in accordance with the Research Announcement on Greenhouse Gases Observing Satellite Series (docx 21KB)
- Appendix C-2 Guidelines for research proposal and related forms (docx 40KB)
- Form for researchers living or staying in European Economic Area (EEA) and UK (Consent to transferring personal data) (docx 27KB)
Greenhouse Gases Observing Satellite Series Research Announcement Secretariat,
Satellite Observation Center,
National Institute for Environmental Studies
16-2 Onogawa, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8506, Japan
Office hours: 9:00-17:00 on weekdays