The Greenhouse gases Observing SATellite (GOSAT) has been observing global atmospheric greenhouse gases steadily even today, in the tenth year since its launch in January 2009. The successor, GOSAT-2, was launched on October 29, 2018 and has started its nominal operation in February 2019. Given this situation, the Second Research Announcement on Greenhouse gases Observing Satellite Series (2nd GOSAT RA) has issued to solicit research proposals utilizing both GOSAT and GOSAT-2 data.
If you plan to conduct research using GOSAT and GOSAT-2 data, please read the following documents carefully, and send your research proposal and application documents to the GOSAT RA Secretariat by the due date. We are really looking forward to receiving your original proposals.
- Schedules for the 2nd GOSAT RA
- Issue of Research Announcement: Monday, October 21, 2019
- Proposal Submission Deadline: Friday, January 3, 2020
- Notification of Selection Results: Friday, March 6, 2020 or later
- The Second Research Announcement on Greenhouse Gases Observing Satellite Series (pdf 193KB)
- Appendix A GOSAT/GOSAT-2 Data Policy (pdf 439KB)
- Appendix B General Terms and Conditions for the Joint Research Agreement in accordance with the Research Announcement on Greenhouse Gases Observing Satellite Series (pdf 179KB)
- Appendix C-1 Application form for the Joint Research Agreement in accordance with the Research Announcement on Greenhouse Gases Observing Satellite Series(docx 21KB)
- Appendix C-2 Guidelines for research proposal and related forms (doc 83KB)
Greenhouse Gases Observing Satellite Series Research Announcement Secretariat, Satellite Observation Center,
National Institute for Environmental Studies
16-2 Onogawa, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8506, Japan Tel: +81-29-850-2966 (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.)