3rd International Forum on Sustainable Future in Asia
January 23 – 24, 2018, at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Since Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Agreement were adopted, the world had been gearing toward realizing sustainable society. Sustainable development of Asia is indispensable for meeting these goals.
This year’s forum focused on three main themes which are problems in Asian region: Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation Actions; Biodiversity; and Environmental Monitoring. NIES researchers and experts from other countries in Asia presented their research results and discussed solutions for environmental issues in Asia and direction for sustainable future of the region.
- 2018-3-2Opening：3rd International Forum on Sustainable Future in Asia
- 2018-3-15Research Challenge for Climate Change Transformation—toward Science Based Action for Adaptation and Mitigation
- 2018-3-28Biodiversity—Findings from Tropical Forest Research
- 2018-3-28Environmental Monitoring—The Power of Science to Enhance Appropriate Actions
- 2018-4-24Toward Further Collaborative Research in Asia
Overview of the forum
Date: January 23-24, 2018
Venue: Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur
(Jalan Putra 50350, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia)
Organizer: National Institute for Environmental Studies, Japan (NIES)
Co-organizers: Integrated Research System of Sustainability Science of the University of Tokyo, Japan (IR3S),Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand (AIT)