Announcing the Publication of NIES Annual Report 2015
International Coordination Office, NIES Planning Department,
NIES Editorial Board Office (Planning Office, Environmental Information Department)
1. Overview: NIES Annual Report 2015
NIES Annual Report 2015 is the official record of activities at the National Institute for Environmental Studies (NIES), in Fiscal Year (FY) 2014 (April 1, 2014 to March 31, 2015), and introduces our institute and its research outcomes for this period for the reference of interested parties, both in Japan and overseas, in English.
The current volume details the status and progress of our activities in the fourth year of our current (third) five-year plan (FY 2011-2015) including many pictures and figures to illustrate our various research topics and outcomes undertaken in the eight pillar fields of environmental research at our institute for this period. In March of FY 2012, we revised our five-year plan to reflect research undertaken in the aftermath of the Great East Japan Earthquake on disasters and the environment, including integrated and comprehensive surveys and studies towards recovery and restoration from the disaster, currently being implemented by NIES.
The annual report for FY 2014 in Japanese was also published in June of this year, and can be viewed below.
Annual Report Contents
1. Outline of NIES
2. Center for Global Environmental Research
3. Center for Material Cycles and Waste Management Research
4. Center for Environmental Risk Research
5. Center for Regional Environmental Research
6. Center for Environmental Biology and Ecosystem Studies
7. Center for Environmental Health Sciences
8. Center for Social and Environmental Systems Research
9. Center for Environmental Measurement and Analysis
10. Environmental Emergency Research
11. Environmental Information Department
2.Download and View / Contact
NIES Annual Report 2015 can be downloaded and viewed from the following link on the NIES
Japanese Annual Report FY 2014:http://www.nies.go.jp/kanko/nenpo/index.html
Overseas contact: International Coordination Office, NIES Planning Department, Tel: +81-29-850-2308, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NIES publications general enquiries: Publications Section, Planning Office, NIES Environmental Information Department, Tel: +81 -29-850-2343, E-mail: email@example.com