The 10th Environmental Research Symposium – Disasters and the Environment “Protect, Prepare, Overcome!”
The Network for Environmental Research Institutions, comprised of 13 National and Independent Administrative Institutions and National Universities which are responsible for environmental research will convene the 10th Environmental Research Symposium on November 14 (Wednesday), 2012 at the Hitotsubashi Auditorium in Hitotsubashi University (Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo City) in order to widely report on the respective outcomes relating to environmental research carried out by the different institutions. The current symposium will comprise nine lectures and a keynote speech and takes as its theme: Disasters and the Environment – “Protect, Prepare, and Overcome!”. In addition, with a poster presentation of over 100 posters, each institution will comprehensively convey its latest research outcomes in the environmental field. Entrance to the symposium is free, however anybody who wishes to participate will be required to complete registration in advance.
November 14 (Wednesday), 2012 Time: 12:00-17:45
Hitotsubashi University, Hitotsubashi Auditorium (in Academic Centre),
Hitotsubashi 2-1-2, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo 101-8439
3. Entrance Fee
Registration period has ended.
5. What is the Network for Environmental Research Institutions?
In order to address the various environmental issues with which we are currently confronted, without any bias towards particular fields of specialty, it is imperative that each specialist field be treated of from an integrated viewpoint. Moreover, it is becoming increasingly necessary to provide new platforms for the exchange of information and expertise, both to forge ties and to foster closer cooperation in order to simultaneously address the various needs relating to environmental research and to promote efficient and effective research.
To facilitate this exchange the Network for Environmental Research Institutions was established in 2002, between the participating National and Independent Administrative Agencies, and National Universities who have since worked in close proximity.
The Network implements the following:
(1) Facilitation of mutual understanding
(2) Exchange of information on important outcomes of environmental research
(3) Facilitation of collaboration in environmental research via closer contact
6. The following institutions currently comprise the membership of the Network for Environmental Research Institutions (current as of October 2012)
- National Research Institute for Earth Sciences and Disaster Prevention (NIED)
- National Institute for Material Sciences (NIMS)
- National Institute for Agro-Environmental Sciences (NIAES)
- Forestry and Forest Proiducts Research Institute (FFPRI)
- Fisheries Research Agency
- National Institute for Land and Infrastructure Management (NILIM)
- National Institute of Advanced Science and Technology (AIST)
- Meteorological Research Institute
- Buildings Research Institute
- Port and Airport Research Institute (PARI)
- Public Works Research Institute (PWRI)
- National Institute for Environmental Research (NIES)
- University of Tsukuba
Network for Environmental Research Institutions, Headquarters, National Institute for Environmental Studies, Planning Department,
Onogawa 16-2, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki Prefecture, JAPAN 305-8506
Tel: 029-850-2303, Fax: 029-851-2854
8. Venue Access Map
Academic Centre: 3 minutes on foot from Jinbocho station or 4 minutes on foot from Takebashi station
9. Symposium Schedule
- What's New
- Event Information
- Visit NIES