- Jan. 22, 2019IWGGMS-15 registration OpensNEW
- Nov. 22, 2018GOSAT RA application deadline extended
- Nov. 1, 2018【Press Release】 IBUKI-2 (GOSAT-2) Successful Launch and Completion of Critical Operations Phase
- Oct. 29, 2018The spacecraft of GOSAT-2 successfully launched
- Sep. 21, 2018The first Research Announcement on Greenhouse Gases Observing SATellite Series (GOSAT RA) issued
- Sep. 6, 2018The spacecraft of GOSAT-2 disclosed
- Aug. 28, 2018The launch date of GOSAT-2 unveiled
- Dec. 13, 2017Agreements signed with the European Space Agency (ESA), the Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES), and the German Aerospace Center (German: Deuteches Zentrum für Luft and Raumfahrt, abbreviated DLR) concerning the Cooperation in the Remote Sensing of Greenhouse Gases and Related Missions
- Aug. 8, 2016Satellite Observation Center unveils the members' photograph
GOSAT named Ibuki is an earth observation satellite launched in 2009, observing the concentrations of carbon dioxide and methane and estimating their fluxes. NIES is conducting higher level processing and validation of GOSAT data.
GOSAT-2, a successor of GOSAT, will be launched in FY 2018. It will measure not only carbon dioxide and methane but also carbon monoxide. NIES will conduct higher level processing and validation of GOSAT-2 data.